Buy Chia (XCH) in UK
What is Chia?
Chia (XCH) is a blockchain network that makes use of its own consensus mechanism, proof-of-space-and-time (PoST). The network claims to use the least possible amount of network, while also not compromising on the network security.
What also sets Chia network apart is that it is aimed at enterprises and is a for-profit, open-source company that wants to go public.
Chia Network was founded in 2017 by Bram Cohen, the founder BitTorrent. By combining proof-of-space (PoS) with proof-of-time (PoT), Chia claims to achieve maximum efficiency. It also has its own programming language called Chialisp similar to Solidity for Ethereum.
Buy Chia in Huobi Global
Huobi Global is one of the largest cryptocurrency exchanges out there and one of the best places to trade Chia. However, you first need Bitcoin to trade on Huobi.
Step 1: Buy Bitcoin
You may wish to trade Bitcoin for Chia on another exchange. This is also a great option if you’re looking to buy other cryptocurrencies, as having Bitcoin makes trading on exchanges easy. In this guide, we will use Binance exchange. Note that you can achieve the same result in an easier manner by depositing GBP to Binance, in accordance with Option 2.
This guide assumes you already have Bitcoin. If you don’t, you can buy Bitcoin at any of the following options:
- Binance (recommended; buy with £GBP or €EUR)
- CEX.io (recommended; buy with £GBP)
- Sign up for an account and buy BTC straight away with your debit or credit card, or bank transfer.
- Local Bitcoins (buy with £GBP)
- Buy BTC from other Brits using bank transfer.
- Coinbase (buy with EUR)
or, click here for a detailed guide on buying BTC in the UK
Waiting for a bank transfer or verification? Get a head-start by signing up for your Binance account while you wait…
Step 2: BTC -> Chia
- Head over to Huobi Global and create an account.
- Once you have an account, click on the wallet and head over to Bitcoin. Over here, deposit the Bitcoin you already have or the ones you just acquired from Binance.
- Next, click on spot trading at the top.
- In the trading screen, search for ‘XCH’ at the top-left and select XCH/BTC.
- Type in the amount of BTC you want to buy and create an order.