How to buy Stellar (XLM) in the UK
Current Price: £0.51 24hr: 9.88%
The easiest way to buy Stellar (XLM) is via BC Bitcoin. Alternatively, you can trade Bitcoin for XLM on an exchange, as outlined in Option 2.
Recommended: Buy XLM with BC Bitcoin
This is a great option for anyone looking to buy Stellar (XLM) with British Pounds or Euros in a simple and safe way.
BC Bitcoin accept debit and credit cards, as well as bank transfers including UK Faster Payments and SEPA transfers.
Here’s how to buy XLM with BC Bitcoin:
- Sign up for an account here
- Head to the Buy Coins page and complete the form
- You will receive XLM to your wallet once the order is complete
About BC Bitcoin
BC Bitcoin are a Hertfordshire based Cryptocurrency Brokerage that allows you to Buy, Sell and Exchange a wide variety of Cryptocurrencies including Stellar (XLM).
They have achieved a 5-star Trustpilot rating, most probably due to their excellent customer service and simple buying process.
Their team can be easily contacted via phone, online chat or email which makes for a great customer experience. You can use their Contact Us page if you have any questions.
Option 2: Buy XLM on an Exchange
Step 1: Buy Bitcoin
In this method, you will trade BTC for XLM using Binance. Thus, in order to begin, you first need to acquire some Bitcoin (BTC)…
Buy Bitcoin: You can do this via the following self-explanatory services:
- BC Bitcoin (recommended; buy with £GBP or €EUR)
- Local Bitcoins (buy with £GBP)
- CEX.io (buy with £GBP)
- Coinbase (buy with EUR)
Click here for a detailed guide on buying BTC in the UK, including many more options.
Step 2: Bitcoin -> Stellar
- Register for a Binance account here
- Deposit Bitcoin into your account by heading to Funds -> Deposits Withdrawals in the top menu
- Click the + next to Bitcoin to reveal the wallet address – send Bitcoin here
- Once Bitcoin has reached your Binance wallet, head to Exchange -> Basic via the top navigation bar
- Use the panel to the right side of the screen (which shows many currency pairs alphabetically, starting AMB/BTC, ARK/BTC, etc.)
- Type XLM in the search bar
- Click the XLM/BTC link to reach the market page
- See the Buy XLM panel (pictured below), set your Buy parameters, and click the big green button
- This places an order, which can be watched via the Orders tab in the top navigation bar
- When your order is filled, the exchange is complete, and your Stellar will appear in your XLM wallet under the Funds tab
Congratulations – you bought Stellar!
Store Your Stellar in a Wallet
We always recommend that you move your cryptocurrencies off of exchanges if you are planning to hold on to them. This way, you’ll hold the keys to your wallet, and therefore will truly own your coins.
Hardware Wallets (recommended)
The most secure option that we recommend is to purchase a hardware wallet: a small electronic device that is immune to many of the threats that software wallets face (such as viruses and hacks).
The most reputable and appropriate hardware wallet for most of our visitors is the Ledger Nano S, which allows you to securely store a number of cryptocurrencies, including Stellar. You can see a full list of supported cryptocurrencies here.
If you’re not ready to purchase a hardware wallet, you can opt for a software one. The official Stellar website has a great page showing you the various wallets available, including desktop, mobile, and web options.