How to buy Stellar (XLM) in the UK
Current Price: £0.09 24hr: 0.63%
The easiest way to buy Stellar (XLM) is via Binance. Alternatively, you can trade Bitcoin for XLM on an exchange, as outlined in Option 2.
Recommended: Buy XLM with Binance
If you are new to the crypto space, Binance is undoubtedly one of the well-known cryptocurrency trading platforms. The massive trade volume and the options for other currencies make it the best.
Here’s how you can buy XLM with Binance:
- Sign up for an account on Binance
- Next, proceed with the verification process
- Once you are verified, you can buy XLM on Binance via Credit/Debit card, Bank Deposit, P2P trading and third-party payment
- You will receive the XLM to your account once you have successfully paid
Option 2: Buy XLM on an Exchange
Step 1: Buy Bitcoin
In this method, you will trade BTC for XLM using Binance. Thus, in order to begin, you first need to acquire some Bitcoin (BTC)…
Buy Bitcoin: You can do this via the following self-explanatory services:
- Binance (recommended; buy with £GBP or €EUR)
- Local Bitcoins (buy with £GBP)
- CEX.io (buy with £GBP)
- Coinbase (buy with EUR)
Click here for a detailed guide on buying BTC in the UK, including many more options.
Step 2: Bitcoin -> Stellar
- Register for a Binance account here
- Deposit Bitcoin into your account by heading to Funds -> Deposits Withdrawals in the top menu
- Click the + next to Bitcoin to reveal the wallet address – send Bitcoin here
- Once Bitcoin has reached your Binance wallet, head to Exchange -> Basic via the top navigation bar
- Use the panel to the right side of the screen (which shows many currency pairs alphabetically, starting AMB/BTC, ARK/BTC, etc.)
- Type XLM in the search bar
- Click the XLM/BTC link to reach the market page
- See the Buy XLM panel (pictured below), set your Buy parameters, and click the big green button
- This places an order, which can be watched via the Orders tab in the top navigation bar
- When your order is filled, the exchange is complete, and your Stellar will appear in your XLM wallet under the Funds tab
Congratulations – you bought Stellar!
Store Your Stellar in a Wallet
We always recommend that you move your cryptocurrencies off of exchanges if you are planning to hold on to them. This way, you’ll hold the keys to your wallet, and therefore will truly own your coins.
Hardware Wallets (recommended)
The most secure option that we recommend is to purchase a hardware wallet: a small electronic device that is immune to many of the threats that software wallets face (such as viruses and hacks).
The most reputable and appropriate hardware wallet for most of our visitors is the Ledger Nano S, which allows you to securely store a number of cryptocurrencies, including Stellar. You can see a full list of supported cryptocurrencies here.
If you’re not ready to purchase a hardware wallet, you can opt for a software one. The official Stellar website has a great page showing you the various wallets available, including desktop, mobile, and web options.