How to buy Dash (DASH) in the UK
Current Price: £60.60 24hr: 1.07%
There are two main options for buying Dash (DASH) in the UK. The first will take two steps, as we are going to be buying the coin with Bitcoin (BTC) and then converting it to DASH on an exchange. Alternatively, you can buy Dash with GBP on Bittylicious, though rates may be less competitive.
Option 1: BTC -> DASH with Bitfinex
In this method, you will trade BTC for DASH using Bitfinex exchange. Thus, in order to begin, you first need to acquire some Bitcoin (BTC)…
Buy Bitcoin: You can do this via the following self-explanatory services:
Click here for a detailed guide on buying BTC in the UK
Now that you have BTC, the process for buying DASH on Bitfinex is as follows…
- Register for a Binance account here
- Deposit Bitcoin into your account by heading to Funds -> Deposits Withdrawals in the top menu
- Click the + next to Bitcoin to reveal the wallet address – send Bitcoin here
- Once Bitcoin has reached your Binance wallet, head to Exchange -> Basic via the top navigation bar
- Use the panel to the right side of the screen (which shows many currency pairs alphabetically, starting AMB/BTC, ARK/BTC, etc.)
- Type IOTA in the search bar
- Click the DASH/BTC link to reach the market page
- See the Buy DASH panel (pictured below), set your Buy parameters, and click the big green button
- This places an order, which can be watched via the Orders tab in the top navigation bar
- When your order is filled, the exchange is complete, and your DASH will appear in your DASH wallet under the Funds tab
- Create an account at Bitfinex here
- Deposit BTC into your Bitfinex wallet…
- Click Deposit on the top bar menu
- Click Bitcoin
- Copy your Exchange Wallet address
- Send Bitcoin to this address, and wait for the transaction to receive the required confirmations
- Now that you have Bitcoin in your Bitfinex account, use the Trading menu option in the top-right of the screen to select DASH then DASH/BTC.
- Complete the Order Form on the left side to exchange your BTC for DASH. Order form notes…
- Use Limit if you would like to set a price for your order – you can then type in values, or choose the highest bid or lowest ask using the green and red buttons above your BTC price
- Using Market will result in the order executing immediately according to the best market price available when the order is placed. Using this option ensures your order is fulfilled most rapidly, though you are unable to specify your desired price as in Limit
- Use the green button above AMOUNT DASH to use as much of your BTC balance as possible in the order, unless you wish to keep some Bitcoin on the exchange for other trades
- Click Exchange Buy to send your order to market, and wait for it to be filled. If you used a Limit order that isn’t being filled, you can always cancel the order and set a new one at a different price.
- When your order is fulfilled, your DASH will appear in your Wallets area
Congratulations, you purchased Dash!
Option 2: Buy Dash with GBP on Bittylicious
If you don’t fancy using an exchange, you can buy Dash and other cyrptocurrencies such as Ethereum and Litecoin on Bittylicious. This site is solely dedicated to buying bitcoin and altcoins such as DASH with British Pounds (GBP), form other British sellers.
- Set up a wallet (if you haven’t already done so). We recommend Jaxx
- Head to Bittylicious and select ‘Dash’ from the coin drop-down
- Enter your Dash address (from the wallet you set up) and email address
- Specify the amount of Dash you’d like to purchase
- Choose whether you’d like to pay by bank transfer, credit/debit card, or Paym – Bank transfer is the cheapest option
- Hit Get some coins and follow the instructions
- Coins will be delivered to the wallet address you specified