How to buy Wanchain in the UK
The guide below shows you how to buy Wanchain (WAN), with two options. The first is by far the most simple, which involves using BC Bitcoin: a Hertfordshire-based crypto service. The second option is to use an exchange: first purchasing Bitcoin, then trading it for WAN on Binance.
It’s a UK-specific guide, but is generally applicable worldwide…
Recommended: Buy WAN with BC Bitcoin
This is a great option for anyone looking to buy Wanchain with British Pounds or Euros in a simple and safe way.
BC Bitcoin accept debit and credit cards, as well as bank transfers including UK Faster Payments and SEPA transfers.
Here’s how to buy Wanchain (WAN) with BC Bitcoin:
- Sign up for an account here
- Head to the Buy Coins page and complete the form
- You will receive WAN to your wallet once the order is complete
About BC Bitcoin
BC Bitcoin are a Hertfordshire based Cryptocurrency Brokerage that allows you to Buy, Sell and Exchange a wide variety of Cryptocurrencies including Wanchain (WAN).
They have achieved a 5-star Trustpilot rating, most probably due to their excellent customer service and simple buying process.
Their team can be easily contacted via phone, online chat or email which makes for a great customer experience. You can use their Contact Us page if you have any questions.
Option 2: Trade BTC for WAN on an Exchange
Step 1: Buy Bitcoin
In this method, you will trade BTC for Wanchain on Binance. Thus, in order to begin, you first need to acquire some Bitcoin (BTC)…
Buy Bitcoin: You can do this via the following self-explanatory services:
- BC Bitcoin (recommended; buy with £GBP or €EUR)
- CEX.io (buy with £GBP)
- Local Bitcoins (buy with £GBP)
- Coinbase (buy with EUR)
Click here for a detailed guide on buying BTC in the UK, including many more options.
Step 2: BTC -> WAN
- Register for a Binance account here
- Deposit Bitcoin into your account by heading to Funds -> Deposits Withdrawals in the top menu
- Click the + next to Bitcoin to reveal the wallet address – send Bitcoin here
- Once Bitcoin has reached your Binance wallet, head to Exchange -> Basic via the top navigation bar
- Use the panel to the right side of the screen (which shows many currency pairs alphabetically, starting AMB/BTC, ARK/BTC, etc.)
- Type WAN in the search bar
- Click the WAN/BTC link to reach the market page
- See the Buy WAN panel, set your Buy parameters, and click the big green button
- This places an order, which can be watched via the Orders tab in the top navigation bar
- When your order is filled, the exchange is complete, and your Wanchain will appear in your WAN wallet under the Funds tab
Congratulations, you successfully bought Wanchain!
What is Wanchain (WAN)?
The Wanchain project is seeking to create a new digital asset financial market, by facilitating transactions across different blockchains.
Currently, the blockchain space is lacking a convenient, fast, and secure means of connecting varying blockchains and their associated tokens and coins: Wanchain is looking to fill this gap. The Wanchain is a standalone blockchain, layering further privacy features such as one-time addresses atop Ethereum’s smart contract platform.
In Q3 of 2018, the next major update to Wanchain is scheduled to be released. This will implement cross-chain compatibility with the Ethereum blockchain, and version 3.0 in Q4 of this year plans to integrate Bitcoin compatibility. By mid-2019, the team plans to release version 4.0, which should provide a general framework by which any blockchain can benefit from cross-chain compatibility via Wanchain.
During ICO, 1 WAN was sold for $0.34 (USD), with a total token supply of 210,000,000.