How to buy Wanchain in the UK
Wanchain (WAN) has been awaited eagerly by many since its successful ICO in 2017. The cryptocurrency has now been listed on its first exchange: Binance. This also happens to be one of the largest (and, in our opinion: best) exchanges, so it’s great news for WAN enthusiasts. The guide below shows you how to buy Wanchain by first purchasing Bitcoin, then trading it for WAN on Binance.
It’s a UK-specific guide, but is generally applicable worldwide…
Step 1: Buy Bitcoin
In this method, you will trade BTC for Wanchain on Binance. Thus, in order to begin, you first need to acquire some Bitcoin (BTC)…
Buy Bitcoin: You can do this via the following self-explanatory services:
Click here for a detailed guide on buying BTC in the UK, including many more options.
Step 2: BTC -> WAN
- Register for a Binance account here
- Deposit Bitcoin into your account by heading to Funds -> Deposits Withdrawals in the top menu
- Click the + next to Bitcoin to reveal the wallet address – send Bitcoin here
- Once Bitcoin has reached your Binance wallet, head to Exchange -> Basic via the top navigation bar
- Use the panel to the right side of the screen (which shows many currency pairs alphabetically, starting AMB/BTC, ARK/BTC, etc.)
- Type WAN in the search bar
- Click the WAN/BTC link to reach the market page
- See the Buy WAN panel, set your Buy parameters, and click the big green button
- This places an order, which can be watched via the Orders tab in the top navigation bar
- When your order is filled, the exchange is complete, and your Wanchain will appear in your WAN wallet under the Funds tab
Congratulations, you successfully bought Wanchain!
What is Wanchain (WAN)?
The Wanchain project is seeking to create a new digital asset financial market, by facilitating transactions across different blockchains.
Currently, the blockchain space is lacking a convenient, fast, and secure means of connecting varying blockchains and their associated tokens and coins: Wanchain is looking to fill this gap. The Wanchain is a standalone blockchain, layering further privacy features such as one-time addresses atop Ethereum’s smart contract platform.
In Q3 of 2018, the next major update to Wanchain is scheduled to be released. This will implement cross-chain compatibility with the Ethereum blockchain, and version 3.0 in Q4 of this year plans to integrate Bitcoin compatibility. By mid-2019, the team plans to release version 4.0, which should provide a general framework by which any blockchain can benefit from cross-chain compatibility via Wanchain.
During ICO, 1 WAN was sold for $0.34 (USD), with a total token supply of 210,000,000.