How to buy NEO (NEO) in the UK
Current Price: £23.75 24hr: -2.36%
There are two main ways to buy NEO. Firstly, you can trade Bitcoin (BTC) for NEO on an exchange: the first guide will walk you through this method. If you already have Bitcoin to hand, skip Step 1. Alternatively, you can buy NEO via AnyCoinDirect, which is the most simple option, but carries a slight surcharge. At the bottom of the page, we explain why you should move your NEO to a wallet, not only for security but also to enable you to earn GAS.
Option 1: Bitcoin -> NEO
Step 1: Buy Bitcoin
In this method, you will trade BTC for NEO using an exchange. Thus, in order to begin, you first need to acquire some Bitcoin (BTC)…
Buy Bitcoin: You can do this via the following self-explanatory services:
Click here for a detailed guide on buying BTC in the UK, including many more options.
Step 2: BTC -> NEO
Binance Instructions (Recommended)
- Register for a Binance account here
- Deposit Bitcoin into your account by heading to Funds -> Deposits Withdrawals in the top menu
- Click the + next to Bitcoin to reveal the wallet address – send Bitcoin here
- Once Bitcoin has reached your Binance wallet, head to Exchange -> Basic via the top navigation bar
- Use the panel to the right side of the screen (which shows many currency pairs alphabetically, starting AMB/BTC, ARK/BTC, etc.)
- Type NEO in the search bar
- Click the NEO/BTC link to reach the market page
- See the Buy NEO panel, set your Buy parameters, and click the big green button
- This places an order, which can be watched via the Orders tab in the top navigation bar
- When your order is filled, the exchange is complete, and your NEO will appear in your NEO wallet under the Funds tab
- Register for an account at KuCoin here
- Set up 2 factor authentication (2FA) for the necessary account security
- Send Bitcoin to your KuCoin wallet
- Head to Assets in the top menu
- Click Deposit next to Bitcoin
- Send your Bitcoin to the address that is revealed
- When your Bitcoin arrives in your KuCoin wallet, head to Markets
- Search NEO and click the NEO/BTC trading pair row
- Use the Buy NEO panel to fill out your order details
- NB: you may have to enter your 2FA code to access this panel
- Click Buy and wait for your order to be filled
- When your order is filled, your NEO (NEO) will appear in your NEO wallet under the Assets page
Option 2: Buy directly with AnyCoinDirect.eu
The buying process is very simple with AnyCoinDirect, a reputable European cryptocurrency website that offers Bitcoin as well as various altcoins. Note, however, that your bank may charge you extra fees in order to complete a SEPA transaction. Always check with your bank before making a transaction in a different currency.
Before you purchase your NEO, you’ll need to create a NEO wallet address. Follow this simple guide to do so, then buy your NEO via the following steps…
- Follow this link to access the NEO page
- Enter the quantity of NEO you’d like to purchase; note that you must buy whole coins
- Select SEPA as your Payment method
- Copy and paste your public NEO wallet address into the NEO Address field (if you didn’t generate your wallet address yet, follow this guide)
- Agree to the terms, then click Buy and follow the instructions to complete your purchase
Storing your NEO Safely in a Wallet
We always recommend that you move your cryptocurrencies off of exchanges if you are planning to hold on to them. This way, you’ll hold the keys to your wallet, and therefore will truly own your coins.
Hardware Wallets (recommended)
The most secure option that we recommend is to purchase a hardware wallet: a small electronic device that is immune to many of the threats that software wallets face (such as viruses and hacks).
The most reputable and appropriate hardware wallet for most of our visitors is the Ledger Nano S, which allows you to securely store a number of cryptocurrencies, including NEO. You can see a full list of supported cryptocurrencies here.
You’re entitled to earn GAS for each whole NEO you own. To earn GAS, you need to move your NEO to a compatible wallet.
We recommend the Neon wallet. An excellent guide on how to move your NEO to Neon and start earning GAS can be found here.