Buy Solana (SOL) UK
Solana (SOL) Price in GBP:
Current Price: £144.59 24hr: 1.06%
Solana is an open source, high performance blockchain project. Launched in 2020, it achieves its speed through a combination of proof-of-history (PoH) and proof-of-stake (PoS). Through this, Solana promises block times under a second and transaction costs that is significantly lower than any other popular blockchain platform.
Buying Solana Crypto on BC Bitcoin
Exchanges like BC Bitcoin have the ability to directly purchase cryptocurrencies with GBP without having to spend for conversion to other currencies such as EUR or USD.
Here’s how to buy SOL with BC Bitcoin:
- Sign up for an account here
- Head to the Buy Coins page and complete the form
- You will receive Solana to your wallet once the order is complete
About BC Bitcoin
BC Bitcoin is a Hertfordshire based Cryptocurrency Brokerage that allows you to Buy, Sell and Exchange a wide variety of Cryptocurrencies including Dogecoin (DOGE).
They have achieved a 5-star Trustpilot rating, most probably due to their excellent customer service and simple buying process.
Their team can be easily contacted via phone, online chat or email which makes for a great customer experience. You can use their Contact Us page if you have any questions.
Exchange Bitcoin for Solana
The second option is for exchanging your Bitcoin for Solana. If you already have Bitcoin, head on to Step 2.
Step 1: Buy Bitcoin
You may wish to trade Bitcoin for Solana on another exchange. This is also a great option if you’re looking to buy other cryptocurrencies, as having Bitcoin makes trading on exchanges easy. In this guide, we will use Binance exchange. Note that you can achieve the same result in an easier manner by depositing GBP to Binance, in accordance with Option 2.
This guide assumes you already have Bitcoin. If you don’t, you can buy Bitcoin at any of the following options:
- BC Bitcoin (recommended; buy with £GBP or €EUR)
- CEX.io (recommended; buy with £GBP)
- Sign up for an account and buy BTC straight away with your debit or credit card, or bank transfer.
- Local Bitcoins (buy with £GBP)
- Buy BTC from other Brits using bank transfer.
- Coinbase (buy with EUR)
or, click here for a detailed guide on buying BTC in the UK
Waiting for a bank transfer or verification? Get a head-start by signing up for your Binance account while you wait…
Step 2: BTC -> SOL
1.Register for a Binance account here
2. Deposit Bitcoin to your account (your Binance Bitcoin wallet) by heading to Funds -> Deposits in the top menu.
3. Select BTC from the drop-down menu, and copy your BTC Deposit Address
4. Send your Bitcoin to this address.
5. Use the panel to the right side of the screen (which shows many currency pairs alphabetically, starting AMB/BTC, ARK/BTC, etc.)
6. Type SOL in the search bar
7. Click the SOL/BTC link to reach the market page
8. Using the Buy SOL panel, set your Buy parameters, and click the green buy SOL button
9. This places an order, which can be monitored via the Orders tab in the top navigation bar, or directly below the Buy box in the Open Orders pane
10. When your order is filled, the exchange is complete, and your SOL will appear in your Solana wallet under the Funds -> Balances page.
Buy Solana with Credit Card
As shown above, our recommended way of buying Solana in the UK is on BC Bitcoin. Conveniently, the exchange also supports both Visa and Mastercard for buying cryptocurrencies.
Follow the same process as shown above. However, make sure to select Debit/Credit Cards under payment methods and use your card to pay for it in the next step.
Alternatively, Binance also supports Credit Cards. But their offering is usually limited in various ways.
Best Solana Wallets
There are two types of wallets for Solana right now: Mobile wallets and web wallets. Our recommendation is to use a mobile wallet as they’re usually a bit more secure. However, a web wallet might be convenient while transacting on a computer.
Solana Mobile Wallets
Solana Web Wallets: