How to buy DigiByte (DGB) in the UK
Current Price: £0.01 24hr: 1.55%
In order to buy DigiByte (DGB), we first need to acquire Bitcoin (BTC), and will then exchange our BTC for DGB. DigiByte is currently available on Cryptopia exchange. If you already have Bitcoin, skip step 1. At the end of the guide, we provide advice on safely storing your new DigiByte.
Step 1: Buy Bitcoin
In this method, you will trade BTC for DGB using Cryptopia exchange. Thus, in order to begin, you first need to acquire some Bitcoin (BTC)…
Buy Bitcoin: You can do this via the following self-explanatory services:
Click here for a detailed guide on buying BTC in the UK, including many more options.
Step 2: Bitcoin -> DigiByte
There are two exchange options below… we recommend Cryptopia
Now that you have BTC, the process for buying DigiByte on Cryptopia is as follows…
- Sign up for a Cryptopia account here
- Fund your account with Bitcoin
- Access your Balances page: click the Ƀ in the top menu bar, next to your avatar on the right hand side
- Navigate to Bitcoin (BTC) – it should be around page 4
- Click the green deposit button to the left of the Bitcoin row
- An address will be generated, copy it and send your Bitcoin to this address
- When your Bitcoin has arrived in your Cryptopia wallet, head to Exchange
- Search for DGB and click on the DigiByte row
- Now, use the Buy DGB box to enter your price and quantity, then click Buy DGB to place your order
- NB: You can click on entries in the order books below in order to auto-fill your bid price
- If and when your order is filled, it will appear in your Balances tab
- Register for a HitBTC account here
- Deposit Bitcoin into your account by clicking the green Deposit button in the top right corner of the screen
- Click the + next to Bitcoin under the deposit column
- Send your Bitcoin to the address that is generated
- Once Bitcoin has reached your HitBTC wallet, click the right arrow next to the Bitcoin wallet row to transfer your Bitcoin from your Main Account to your Trading Account
- Now, head to Exchange
- Search for DGB under the BTC tab and click on the resulting row (or click here)
- Use the Buy DGB window (pictured below) to set your order parameters
- When your order is filled, your DigiByte will appear in your wallet, visible under Account – from here you can withdraw your Digibyte to a different, more secure wallet.
Congratulations, you successfully bought DigiByte! Now, store it safely…
DigiByte Wallets: Safely Storing your DGB
We always recommend that you move your cryptocurrencies off of exchanges if you are planning to hold on to them. This way, you’ll hold the keys to your wallet, and therefore will truly own your coins.
Hardware Wallets (recommended)
The most secure option that we recommend is to purchase a hardware wallet: a small electronic device that is immune to many of the threats that software wallets face (such as viruses and hacks).
The most reputable and appropriate hardware wallet for most of our visitors is the Ledger Nano S, which allows you to securely store a number of cryptocurrencies, including DigiByte. You can see a full list of supported cryptocurrencies here.
If you’re not ready to purchase a hardware wallet, you can opt for the less-secure option of using a software wallet – either desktop or mobile. We recommend the official DigiByte wallets.