Buy MATIC in UK
Polygon (MATIC) Price GBP
Current Price: £1.04 24hr: 9.25%
What is Polygon (MATIC)
Polygon is one of the best performing crypto assets since 2021 started as its price increased exponentially. During this time, the project was being rebranded from Polygon to MATIC.
As Ethereum transactions costs soared, and people began looking for ways to fix it. Polygon is an off-chain scaling solution for Ethereum. But scaling is just one of its features. It comes with other modules which extend the functions of the Ethereum blockchain. Some of it includes interoperability to interact with other blockchain networks and modularity.
Buying Polygon (MATIC) in GBP
The first choice to buy MATIC in UK would be directly on an exchange that lists it, such as Binance and Coinbase. Other ways include exchanging your Bitcoin for MATIC on an exchange.
Direct Purchase: Buy Polygon (MATIC) on Coinbase
This is the most direct and probably the easiest way to buy Polygon.
1. Sign up for an account on Coinbase and verify your identity.
2. Choose your method of deposit and first load up your Coinbase account.
3. Go back to trading and search for MATIC.
4. Select the amount of MATIC you want to buy and hit buy.
Exchanging Bitcoin for MATIC
Chances are, you already have Bitcoin, which can be used to convert to Polygon. This is usually the cheapest method of buying MATIC.
If you don’t already have Bitcoin, use the following steps to buy some first:
Step 1: Buy Bitcoin
In this method, you will trade BTC for ADA using Binance. Thus, in order to begin, you first need to acquire some Bitcoin (BTC)…
Buy Bitcoin: You can do this via the following self-explanatory services:
- BC Bitcoin (recommended; buy with £GBP or €EUR)
- Local Bitcoins (buy with £GBP)
- CEX.io (buy with £GBP)
- Coinbase (buy with EUR)
Click here for a detailed guide on buying BTC in the UK
Step 2: BTC -> MATIC
Binance Instructions (Recommended)
1. Register for a Binance account here
2. Deposit Bitcoin into your account by heading to Funds -> Deposits Withdrawals in the top menu
3. Click the + next to Bitcoin to reveal the wallet address – send Bitcoin here
4. Once Bitcoin has reached your Binance wallet, head to Exchange -> Basic via the top navigation bar
5. Use the panel to the right side of the screen (which shows many currency pairs alphabetically, starting AMB/BTC, ARK/BTC, etc.) and search for MATIC/BTC.
6. See the Buy MATIC panel (pictured below), set your Buy parameters, and click the big green button.
A. This places an order, which can be seen via the Orders tab in the top navigation bar.
B. When your order is filled, the exchange is complete, and your Polygon MATIC tokens will appear in your MATIC wallet under the Funds tab.
Buy Polygon with a Credit Card
Once again, we can use Binance for buying MATIC with a Credit Card.
1. First, sign up for Binance if you haven’t already done.
2. Move your mouse over Buy Crypto and select “Credit/Debit Card.”
3. Set the Spend to “GBP” and Receive to “MATIC.”
4. Fill in the amount of GBP you want to spend and hit continue.
5. On the next page, add your credit card and confirm your transaction.
That’s it! You’ll have MATIC ready for you in your Binance wallet.