How to buy Cardano’s ADA token in the UK
Cardano is an exciting and relatively new project, with an associated token (ADA). In order to buy ADA, we first need to buy Bitcoin. We will then trade Bitcoin for ADA on Binance exchange. If you already on Bitcoin (BTC) that you’re happy to trade for ADA, you can skip Step 1…
Step 1: Buy Bitcoin
In this method, you will trade BTC for ADA using Binance. Thus, in order to begin, you first need to acquire some Bitcoin (BTC)…
Buy Bitcoin: You can do this via the following self-explanatory services:
Click here for a detailed guide on buying BTC in the UK, including many more options.
Step 2: BTC -> ADA
UPDATE: Binance is only accepting a limited number of new users per day. If you are unable to register, you could use Gate.io.
- Register for a Binance account here
- Deposit Bitcoin into your account by heading to Funds -> Deposits Withdrawals in the top menu
- Click the + next to Bitcoin to reveal the wallet address – send Bitcoin here
- Once Bitcoin has reached your Binance wallet, head to Exchange -> Basic via the top navigation bar
- Use the panel to the right side of the screen (which shows many currency pairs alphabetically, starting AMB/BTC, ARK/BTC, etc.)
- Type ADA in the search bar
- Click the ADA/BTC link to reach the market page
- See the Buy ADA panel (pictured below), set your Buy parameters, and click the big green button
- This places an order, which can be watched via the Orders tab in the top navigation bar
- When your order is filled, the exchange is complete, and your Cardano ADA tokens will appear in your ADA wallet under the Funds tab
Congratulations – you bought ADA!
- Sign up for a Gate.io account here
- Deposit Bitcoin into your account by going to the Wallets tab
- Click the red Deposit button on the BTC row
- Send your BTC to the address that is generated
- When your BTC arrives in your Gate.io wallet, head to the BTC market page for ADA (or click here)
- Enter your order parameters in the Buy ADA panel and hit Buy
- When your order is filled, your ADA will show up in your wallet
Storing your ADA
We recommend the Daedalus desktop wallet for storing your ADA securely.