How to buy ICON (ICX) in the UK
Current Price: £1.53 24hr: 2.14%
The ICON project is seeking to link up the various decentralised blockchain technologies.
Buying ICON is simple with Hertfordshire-based BC Bitcoin. Alternatively, you can buy ICX on an exchange (Option 2). In order to buy ICON on an exchange, we would first need to buy Bitcoin. We will then trade Bitcoin for ICON on Binance exchange.
Recommended: Buy ICON with BC Bitcoin
This is a great option for anyone looking to buy ICON with British Pounds or Euros in a simple and safe way.
BC Bitcoin accept debit and credit cards, as well as bank transfers including UK Faster Payments and SEPA transfers.
Here’s how to buy ICX with BC Bitcoin:
- Sign up for an account here
- Head to the Buy Coins page and complete the form
- You will receive ICX to your wallet once the order is complete
About BC Bitcoin
BC Bitcoin are a Hertfordshire based Cryptocurrency Brokerage that allows you to Buy, Sell and Exchange a wide variety of Cryptocurrencies including ICON (ICX).
They have achieved a 5-star Trustpilot rating, most probably due to their excellent customer service and simple buying process.
Their team can be easily contacted via phone, online chat or email which makes for a great customer experience. You can use their Contact Us page if you have any questions.
Option 2: Trade BTC for ICX on an Exchange
Step 1: Buy Bitcoin
In this method, you will trade BTC for ICX using Binance. Thus, in order to begin, you first need to acquire some Bitcoin (BTC)…
Buy Bitcoin: You can do this via the following self-explanatory services:
- BC Bitcoin (recommended; buy with £GBP or €EUR)
- Local Bitcoins (buy with £GBP)
- CEX.io (buy with £GBP)
- Coinbase (buy with EUR)
Click here for a detailed guide on buying BTC in the UK, including many more options.
Step 2: Bitcoin -> ICON with Binance
We recommend Binance, but you can also use HitBTC (instructions below)
- Register for a Binance account here
- Deposit Bitcoin into your account by heading to Funds -> Deposits Withdrawals in the top menu
- Click the + next to Bitcoin to reveal the wallet address – send Bitcoin here
- Once Bitcoin has reached your Binance wallet, head to Exchange -> Basic via the top navigation bar
- Use the panel to the right side of the screen (which shows many currency pairs alphabetically, starting AMB/BTC, ARK/BTC, etc.)
- Type ICX in the search bar
- Click the ICX/BTC link to reach this page
- Scroll down to the Buy ICX panel, set your Buy parameters, and click the big green button
- This places an order, which can be watched via the Orders tab in the top navigation bar
- When your order is filled, the exchange is complete, and your ICON will appear in your ICON wallet under the Funds tab
Congratulations – you bought ICON!
If you’d rather, you can buy ICON (ICX) on HitBTC…
- Register for a HitBTC account here
- Deposit Bitcoin into your account by clicking the green Deposit button in the top right corner of the screen
- Click the + next to Bitcoin under the deposit column
- Send your Bitcoin to the address that is generated
- Once Bitcoin has reached your HitBTC wallet, click the right arrow next to the Bitcoin wallet row to transfer your Bitcoin from your Main Account to your Trading Account
- Now, head to Exchange
- Search for ICX under the BTC tab and click on the resulting row (or click here)
- Use the Buy ICX window (pictured below) to set your order parameters
- When your order is filled, your ICON will appear in your wallet, visible under Account – from here you can withdraw your ICON to a different, more secure wallet