How to buy Tether (USDT) in the UK
Looking to buy USDT in the UK? The below guide explains how to do so simply, safely, and at a competitive rate.
Quick Guide: How to buy USDT with GBP:
- Register for a CEX.io account here
- Complete all necessary verification
- Click the green Deposit button to add GBP to your account via the following options:
- Debit or credit card
- Bank transfer
- Now, we need to first buy Bitcoin (BTC)
- head to TRADE and choose BTC/GBP from the left panel
- Scroll down to below the charts to the ‘Buy BTC’ box
- Enter the amount you wish to purchase, and click Place order
- Now, trade your BTC for USDT
- Select the BTC/USDT pair from the left panel
- Scroll down to below the charts to the ‘Sell BTC’ box
- Enter the amount of your BTC you wish to sell/trade for USDT and click Place order
Other Options for Buying USDT in the UK
You can acquire USDT on a number of exchanges, however most exchanges do not allow you to deposit fiat currencies like the British Pound.
So, if you prefer to use a different exchange, you are usually required to first buy Bitcoin with GBP elsewhere, then send this Bitcoin to the exchange you wish to use. There, you would trade it for USDT, and/or any other coins you wish to purchase.
That’s why we recommend the process of using CEX.io (above), because you can purchase BTC with GBP, then trade the BTC for USDT, all in one place.
If you do wish to use a different exchange, Binance is your best bet. You can register for a Binance account here. The process involves first purchasing Bitcoin (see our guide here), then sending it to Binance where you can trade it for USDT.
As always, you can contact us here with any questions, suggestions, or comments.