How to buy Tether (USDT) in the UK
Looking to buy USDT in the UK? The below guide explains how to do so simply, safely, and at a competitive rate.
Recommended Option: Buy USDT with BC Bitcoin:
This is a great option for anyone looking to buy USDT with British Pounds or Euros in a simple and safe way.
BC Bitcoin accept debit and credit cards, as well as bank transfers including UK Faster Payments and SEPA transfers.
Here’s how to buy Tether with BC Bitcoin:
- Sign up for an account here
- Head to the Buy Coins page and complete the form
- You will receive USDT to your wallet once the order is complete
About BC Bitcoin
BC Bitcoin are a Hertfordshire based Cryptocurrency Brokerage that allows you to Buy, Sell and Exchange a wide variety of Cryptocurrencies including Tether (USDT).
They have achieved a 5-star Trustpilot rating, most probably due to their excellent customer service and simple buying process.
Their team can be easily contacted via phone, online chat or email which makes for a great customer experience. You can use their Contact Us page if you have any questions.
Option 2: Buy with CEX.io
- Register for a CEX.io account here
- Complete all necessary verification
- Click the green Deposit button to add GBP to your account via the following options:
- Debit or credit card
- Bank transfer
- Now, we need to first buy Bitcoin (BTC)
- head to TRADE and choose BTC/GBP from the left panel
- Scroll down to below the charts to the ‘Buy BTC’ box
- Enter the amount you wish to purchase, and click Place order
- Now, trade your BTC for USDT
- Select the BTC/USDT pair from the left panel
- Scroll down to below the charts to the ‘Sell BTC’ box
- Enter the amount of your BTC you wish to sell/trade for USDT and click Place order
Other Options for Buying USDT in the UK
You can acquire USDT on a number of exchanges, however most exchanges do not allow you to deposit fiat currencies like the British Pound.
So, if you prefer to use a different exchange, you are usually required to first buy Bitcoin with GBP elsewhere, then send this Bitcoin to the exchange you wish to use. There, you would trade it for USDT, and/or any other coins you wish to purchase.
That’s why we recommend the process of using CEX.io (above), because you can purchase BTC with GBP, then trade the BTC for USDT, all in one place.
If you do wish to use a different exchange, Binance is your best bet. You can register for a Binance account here. The process involves first purchasing Bitcoin (see our guide here), then sending it to Binance where you can trade it for USDT.
As always, you can contact us here with any questions, suggestions, or comments.