How to buy NEM (XEM) in the UK
Current Price: £0.08 24hr: 1.42%
In order to buy NEM (XEM), we first need to acquire Bitcoin (BTC), and will then exchange our BTC for NEM. If you already have Bitcoin, you may skip step 1.
Step 1: Buy Bitcoin
In this method, you will trade BTC for NEM using an exchange like Cryptopia or Bittrex. Thus, in order to begin, you first need to acquire some Bitcoin (BTC)…
Buy Bitcoin: You can do this via the following self-explanatory services:
Click here for a detailed guide on buying BTC in the UK, including many more options.
Step 2: BTC -> NEM
Option 1: Cryptopia
Now that you have BTC, the process for buying NEM on Cryptopia is as follows…
- Sign up for a Cryptopia account here
- Fund your account with Bitcoin
- Access your Balances page: click the Ƀ in the top menu bar, next to your avatar on the right hand side
- Navigate to Bitcoin (BTC) – it should be around page 4
- Click the green deposit button to the left of the Bitcoin row
- An address will be generated, copy it and send your Bitcoin to this address
- When your Bitcoin has arrived in your Cryptopia wallet, head to Exchange
- Search for XEM and click on the row
- Now, use the Buy XEM box to enter your price and quantity, then click Buy XEM to place your order
- NB: You can click on entries in the order books below in order to auto-fill your bid price
- If and when your order is filled, it will appear in your Balances tab
Congratulations, you successfully bought NEM!
Option 2: Bittrex
Now that you have BTC, the process for buying NEM on Bittrex is as follows…
- Sign up for a Bittrex account
- Head to Wallets by clicking the button in the top menu
- Click the + (plus) button to the left of your Bitcoin wallet to reveal further details
- Send Bitcoin (BTC) to the Bittrex Bitcoin wallet address (you will be sending Bitcoin from the exchange or wallet where you bought or stored your Bitcoin)
- Wait for your Bitcoin to show up in your Bittrex wallet – this could take a while, depending on the transaction fee you set when sending your BTC.
- When you have Bitcoin in you Bittrex wallet, click the Ƀ Markets button at the top left of the menu, and type in XEM
- Now you’re at the NEM market page, you need to place your order
- Use the Buy NEM panelSet the Units to Max, unless you want to keep some of your BTC to spend on other coin
- Click Price next to Bid to reveal a drop-down, and select Last or Ask
- Leave the other options as they are (unless you wish to set your own bid), then click Buy NEM
- Confirm your transaction
- Now, your order will be placed, and you can check the status using the Orders button in the menu
- When your order is fulfilled, your NEM will appear in your Wallets
Congratulations, you purchased NEM!