How to buy Ark in the UK
Current Price: £0.23 24hr: -2.27%
Ark (ARK) is an emerging altcoin, backed by an enthusiastic community and promising recent few months. Find out how to buy Ark coins from the UK below…
Buying Ark is simple with Hertfordshire-based BC Bitcoin. If you prefer to purchase Ark with Bitcoin, it’s is a little more complicated, and requires you to follow ‘Option 2’.
Recommended: Buy Ark with BC Bitcoin
This is a great option for anyone looking to buy Ark with British Pounds or Euros in a simple and safe way.
BC Bitcoin accept debit and credit cards, as well as bank transfers including UK Faster Payments and SEPA transfers.
Here’s how to buy Ark with BC Bitcoin:
- Sign up for an account here
- Head to the Buy Coins page and complete the form
- You will receive Ark to your wallet once the order is complete
About BC Bitcoin
BC Bitcoin are a Hertfordshire based Cryptocurrency Brokerage that allows you to Buy, Sell and Exchange a wide variety of Cryptocurrencies including Ark.
They have achieved a 5-star Trustpilot rating, most probably due to their excellent customer service and simple buying process.
Their team can be easily contacted via phone, online chat or email which makes for a great customer experience. You can use their Contact Us page if you have any questions.
Option 2: Buy Ark with BTC
Step 1: Buy Bitcoin
In this method, you will trade BTC for ARK using Bittrex. Thus, in order to begin, you first need to acquire some Bitcoin (BTC)…
Buy Bitcoin: You can do this via the following self-explanatory services:
- BC Bitcoin (recommended; buy with £GBP or €EUR)
- Local Bitcoins (buy with £GBP)
- CEX.io (buy with £GBP)
- Coinbase (buy with EUR)
Click here for a detailed guide on buying BTC in the UK
Step 2: Trade Bitcoin for ARK
- Register for a Binance account here
- Deposit Bitcoin into your account by heading to Funds -> Deposits Withdrawals in the top menu
- Click the + next to Bitcoin to reveal the wallet address – send Bitcoin here
- Once Bitcoin has reached your Binance wallet, head to Exchange -> Basic via the top navigation bar
- Use the panel to the right side of the screen (which shows many currency pairs alphabetically, starting AMB/BTC, ARK/BTC, etc.)
- Click the ARK/BTC link to reach the market page
- See the Buy ARK panel (pictured below), set your Buy parameters, and click the big green button
- This places an order, which can be watched via the Orders tab in the top navigation bar
- When your order is filled, the exchange is complete, and your ARK coins will appear in your ARK wallet under the Funds tab
Congratulations – you bought ARK!
Moving Your Ark to a Wallet
Ark has a community focus, which includes features such as profit-sharing and voting. To understand these features, read this wiki.
These features are accessible when you move your Ark to a wallet. You can do so via the following steps…
- Install the Ark desktop client – www.ark.io
- Open the client and create an account (wallet) – make sure you store your passphrase, or you risk losing access to your coin forever
- Note your new Ark account address
- In Bittrex, head to your Wallets tab, and click the – (minus) icon to the left of your Ark wallet. Enter your Ark address, and confirm the withdrawal (you may have to also confirm via email)
- Your Ark will soon appear in your desktop wallet
How to vote for a delegate (to receive profit-sharing)
- Click the voting tab in the Ark desktop client
- Add a delegate of your choice (monitor them here)
- Spend 1 Ark to vote for the delegate of your choice
- Done! Now you will receive a daily profit share from your delegate, in accordance with their proposal