How to buy Ethereum Classic (ETC) in the UK
Current Price: £16.25 24hr: 5.62%
Buying Ethereum Classic (ETC) is simple with Hertfordshire-based BC Bitcoin. Alternatively, you can buy ETC on an exchange: buying the coin with Bitcoin (BTC) and then converting it to ETC. Both options are presented below.
Recommended: Buy ETC with BC Bitcoin
This is a great option for anyone looking to buy Ethereum Classic (ETC) with British Pounds or Euros in a simple and safe way.
BC Bitcoin accept debit and credit cards, as well as bank transfers including UK Faster Payments and SEPA transfers.
Here’s how to buy ETC with BC Bitcoin:
- Sign up for an account here
- Head to the Buy Coins page and complete the form
- You will receive ETC to your wallet once the order is complete
About BC Bitcoin
BC Bitcoin are a Hertfordshire based Cryptocurrency Brokerage that allows you to Buy, Sell and Exchange a wide variety of Cryptocurrencies including Ethereum Classic (ETC).
They have achieved a 5-star Trustpilot rating, most probably due to their excellent customer service and simple buying process.
Their team can be easily contacted via phone, online chat or email which makes for a great customer experience. You can use their Contact Us page if you have any questions.
Buying Ethereum Classic with Bitfinex
In this method, we will trade BTC for ETC using Bitfinex exchange. Thus, in order to begin, you first need to acquire some Bitcoin (BTC)…
Step 1: Buy Bitcoin
You can do this via the following self-explanatory services:
- BC Bitcoin (recommended; buy with £GBP or €EUR)
- Local Bitcoins (buy with £GBP)
- CEX.io (buy with £GBP)
- Coinbase (buy with EUR)
Click here for a detailed guide on buying BTC in the UK
Step 2: Buy ETC with BTC
Now that you have BTC, the process for buying ETC on Binance or Bitfinex is as follows…
Binance Instructions (Recommended)
- Register for a Binance account here
- Deposit Bitcoin into your account by heading to Funds -> Deposits Withdrawals in the top menu
- Click the + next to Bitcoin to reveal the wallet address – send Bitcoin here
- Once Bitcoin has reached your Binance wallet, head to Exchange -> Basic via the top navigation bar
- Use the panel to the right side of the screen (which shows many currency pairs alphabetically, starting AMB/BTC, ARK/BTC, etc.)
- Click the ETC/BTC link to reach the market page
- See the Buy ETC panel, set your Buy parameters, and click the big green button
- This places an order, which can be watched via the Orders tab in the top navigation bar
- When your order is filled, the exchange is complete, and your Ethereum Classic will appear in your ETC wallet under the Funds tab
- Create an account at Bitfinex here
- Deposit BTC into your Bitfinex wallet…
- Click Deposit on the top bar menu
- Click Bitcoin
- Copy your Exchange Wallet address
- Send Bitcoin to this address, and wait for the transaction to receive the required confirmations
- Now that you have Bitcoin in your Bitfinex account, use the Trading menu option in the top-right of the screen to select ETC then ETC/BTC.
- Complete the Order Form on the left side to exchange your BTC for ETC. Order form notes…
- Use Limit if you would like to set a price for your order – you can then type in values, or choose the highest bid or lowest ask using the green and red buttons above your BTC price
- Using Market will result in the order executing immediately according to the best market price available when the order is placed. Using this option ensures your order is fulfilled most rapidly, though you are unable to specify your desired price as in Limit
- Use the green button above AMOUNT ETC to use as much of your BTC balance as possible in the order, unless you wish to keep some Bitcoin on the exchange for other trades
- Click Exchange Buy to send your order to market, and wait for it to be filled. If you used a Limit order that isn’t being filled, you can always cancel the order and set a new one at a different price.
- When your order is fulfilled, your ETC will appear in your Wallets area
Congratulations, you purchased Ethereum Classic!